The uScopeDX High-Resolution Slide Scanner
The uScopeDX dual-objective digital microscope slide scanner lets you browse and scan standard glass slides using either of two (2) high power objectives. The uScopeDX produces high-quality images while allowing you to scan an area of interest. This digital workhorse offers unprecedented capability in a form factor ideal for limited laboratory space. The ultra-compact size of the uScopeDX deliversperfoamance at a very econimical price. Chose any two lenses from either the 20x/0.45, 40x/0.65 or 60x/0.85 plan achromatic objectives.
Because of its size, the uScopeDX is highly portable. The industry-standard USB2 interface makes it easy to plug in and start capturing images at work or on the road. It easily interfaces with a Windows desktop or Laptop PC and allows you to view and capture slide images in a wide variety of environments.
So easy to use!
The uScope Navigator software simplifies capturing an area of interest from your glass slides. You can easily capture single images or select an area of interest to scan. Regions are scanned using the parameters you select. You can even create and apply your own multi-step image processing profiles to change image sharpness, improve contrast, or perform gamma correction. The uScopeDX is so easy to use, all your friends will want to borrow it.
- uScopeDX Digital Microscope
- 20x/40x ,40x/60x, 20x/60x objectives
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Wall Adapter Power Supply
- USB Thumb Drive Containing Drivers and Software
- Test Slides
- Printed User’s Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Each uScopeDX is warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase.
- The warranty includes all software updates while the unit is under warranty.
- You may extend your product warranty each year by purchasing a Maintenance Agreement.
Full Control of Imaging Parameters
The following user filters in the uScope Navigator software give you complete control over image processing and picture correction.
RGB Color Correction
Flat Field Correction
Color Lookup Table
Most digital microscopes are shared between many researchers. The uScopeDX is designed and priced for the individual user.
The uScopeDX is a self-contained digital microscope. All the electronics, cameras, stage, and optics are contained in a device about the size of an external disk drive. The only thing you need is a Windows PC.
The uScopeDX delivers high-quality, brightfield images at near wavelength-limited resolution. Two high-power objectives bring your slide images up close and personal.
Relaxed Environmental Requirements
The uScopeDX is very tolerant of typical office and lab environments. Special, weighted tables are not required to capture clear, vibration-free images.
Users can easily setup and install the uScopeDX without a team of IT specialists. Most users can take the uScopeDX from the box to viewing slides in under 10 minutes. Special file servers, network interfaces, and ultra high-performance desktop computers are not required.
Cloud Computing Compatible
The uScopeDX provides industry-standard image formats that can be used with cloud-based computing services.
Flexible API for Developers
The .Net compatible API allows developers direct hardware control of the uScopeDX. In addition, the API provides support for a variety of image enhancement filters. Developers can use the API to integrate support for the uScopeDX into existing analysis or imaging tools.
Call to arrange an on-line demonstration! 281-579-0342
- High Performance PC running one of the following:
- Microsoft® Windows 7 (64-bit),
- Microsoft® Windows 8 or 8.1 (64-bit),
- Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit).
- At least 8GB RAM (16GB recommended)
- A high-performance 1 TB SSD (Solid State Drive) for image storage.
- 1920×1080 or higher resolution monitor
- Mouse or other pointing device
- Several available USB ports
- Communications: USB 2.0
- Power: 2.0A, 20V DC
- Line Voltage: 100VAC – 240VAC
- Line Frequency: 50Hz – 60Hz
- Operating Temperature: 50° – 95° F (10° – 35° C)
- Storage Temperature: 10° – 105° F (-12° – 40° C)
- Relative Humidity: 0% – 80% (non-condensing)
- Power Plugs
- Type A (US, Canada, Mexica, Japan, …)
- Type C (EU, South America, Asia, …)
- Type G (UK, Ireland, Malta, Malaysia, Singapore, …)
- Type I (Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, …)
Motion System Resolution
- X Axis (Slide Length): 1 step ≈ 0.4 microns
- Y Axis (Slide Width): 1 step ≈ 0.4 microns
- Z Axis (Focus): 1 step ≈ 0.2 microns
- Width: 7.75″ (196 mm)
- Height: 6.57″ (167 mm)
- Depth: 10.63″ (270 mm)
- Weight: 15.5 lbs. (7.0 kg)
Glass Slide Parameters
- Slide Capacity: Single Slide
- Slide Width: 24.5mm – 26.35mm
- Slide Length: 72.0mm – 80.0mm
- Slide Thickness: 0.8mm – 1.5mm
- Overview Image
- Illumination: LED (White)
- Camera Resolution: 1920×1080
- Pixel Mapping
Resolution microns/pixel 1920×1080 ≈0.25
- Slide (Objective) Image
- Objective: 160mm Conjugate
- Illumination: LED (White) Brightfield
- SD Camera Resolution: 960×540
- HD Camera Resolution: 1920×1080
- Image Resolution
- Field of View (FOV)
Objective FOV Area 20x (0.40NA) ≈48um×27um 40x (0.65NA) ≈24um×13um 60x (0.85NA) ≈16um×9um
- Field Image Format: JPEG (Q90), PNG (lossless)
- Scanned Image Capture: Single Field, Tiled Fields, Overlapped Fields, Underlapped Fields
- Viewing Formats: Single Field, Tiled Fields, Deep Zoom Image, Tiled TIFF, SVS, SZI
- Export Formats: JPG (Q90), BMP, PNG, TIFF