Linkam THMSG600 - Geology System
Call Meyer Instruments, Inc., for pricing and to learn more about Linkam temperature controlled stages for geology
Call 281 579-0342 Today!
The Linkam THMSG600 Geology System is based on the design of the highly successful THMS600 stage and then upgraded and modified specifically for geological applications.
Unrivaled accuracy and control of temperature enable the user to characterize fluid inclusions to better than 0.1°C and hold a stability of 0.001°C. The THMSG600 has a temperature range of -196°C to 600°C.
The response time to a ‘Hold’ or ‘Limit’ command where the temperature is stable to 0.1°C is only 0.1 seconds at 30°C/min.
The sample is placed on 7mm quartz cover slip and encased within a pure silver lid so that it is heated from all sides to ensure a perfectly uniform temperature.
The LNP95 liquid nitrogen cooling system is used to enable the large range in cooling rates from 0.01 to 150°C/min. This highly efficient liquid nitrogen pump, using proprietary pumps and tubing, automatically controls pumping rate to ensure minimal liquid nitrogen is required and a consistent smooth cooling curve no matter which rate is selected.
The new T95-LinkPad temperature controller with LCD touch screen control is used to quickly program a temperature profile by simply tapping the onscreen controls. Heating rates have also been increased up to 150°C/min to enable even faster characterization. To control the system from the PC and capture both data and digital images, upgrade the system by adding the intuitive LINK software.
Linkam THMSG600 - Geology System Specifications
- Temperature range -196°C to 600°C
- Up to 150°C/min heating
- Temperature stability <0.01°C
- 16mm XY sample manipulation
- Sample area 22mm diameter
- Quick-release gas valves for atmospheric control
- Clamps directly to the microscope substage for stability
- 100 Ohm platinum resistor sensor
- Light aperture: 1.3mm diameter
- Silver heating block for high thermal conductivity
- Direct injection of the coolant into the silver block
- Single ultra thin lid window: 0.17mm
- Objective lens working distance: 4.5mm
- Condenser lens minimum working distance: 12.5mm
- Water cooled stage body for high temperature work (>300°C)
- Suitable for Confocal, Laser Raman and X-Ray
- Sample side loading without removing the stage lid
- Stage body size: 137x92x22mm