Promicra QuickPHOTO – High Dynamic Range Module
Microscope Imaging Software
High Dynamic Range (HDR) Imaging Software Module for QuickPHOTO
High Dynamic Range (HDR) additional software module for QuickPHOTO programs is a powerful new visualization tool that allows you to see the entire dynamic range of your microscopic or stereomicroscopic samples. Traditional non-HDR digital cameras can only provide a fraction of a samples luminosity. Information in darker parts of the image are lost as well as information in saturated or extremely bright areas of the sample. Microphotographs with a limited exposure range result in the loss of detail in highlights or shadows. The module can be used for creation of HDR images of static samples acquired using microscopes, for macro images as well as for standard photography.
- Creation of excellent quality HDR images by merging series of bracketed images
- Automatic or manual merging methods available. Following adjustments are available: overexposure compensation, underexposure compensation, midtone, brightness, contrast, saturation and hue.
- Interactive preview and histogram of an HDR image
- Suitable for microscopy images, macro images as well as standard photography
- Can be used with Deep Focus (EDF) module to produce fully focused HDR images (EDF + HDR).
How It Works:
The procedure behind a creation of an HDR image is following:
- Acquisition of Series of Bracketed Images
First step is the acquisition of series of bracketed images of a static sample (with consecutive change of exposure time). A series of bracketed images might look e.g. like this one:
- Creation of an HDR Image
In second step a series of bracketed images is merged to an HDR image by HDR module.
The whole process can be done manually or it can be automated. The level of automation depends on a type of used imaging device (for more information see Automation tab).
How to use HDR module with PROMICAM USB 3.0 digital cameras (Automated HDR Image Creation):
Automated HDR Image Creation:
The process of acquisition of series of bracketed images and HDR image creation can be automated, when following cameras are used:
- PROMICAM USB 3.0 or PROMICAM USB 2.0 cameras
- Canon® EOS Digital SLR Cameras
- Lumenera® Infinity cameras
This option makes the creation of an HDR images very comfortable and suitable also for routine work, because there is no need to manually acquire the series of bracketed images and prepare them for merging.
Features Available for Various Imaging Devices:
- Manual use available for all imaging devices supported by QuickPHOTO software including devices controlled via TWAIN interface
- Automated HDR image creation when Lumenera® INFINITY, PROMICAM USB 3.0, PROMICAM USB 2.0cameras or Canon® EOS Digital SLR Cameras are used
- HDR module can be used in conjunction with Deep Focus (EDF) module, when PROMICAM USB 3.0, PROMICAM USB 2.0 cameras or Canon® EOS Digital SLR Cameras and supported microscope focus motorization is used.
Use with Deep Focus (EDF) Module:
The HDR module can be used together with Deep Focus (Extended Depth of Filed) module to automatically acquire fully focused (EDF) HDR images.
In order to do so, following additional accessories are needed:
- PROMICAM USB 3.0, PROMICAM USB 2.0 digital camera or supported Canon EOS DSLR camera
- QuickPHOTO program (all 3.1 program versions are compatible)
- Deep Focus (Extended Depth of Field – EDF) software module for QuickPHOTO
- One of the motorized stands or additional focus drives compatible with CB-ZM control unit:
- CB-ZM control unit
Gallery of Images Acquired Using HDR + Deep Focus (EDF) Modules Compared to Standard Deep Focus (EDF) Images:
Here you can find an image of the used microscope setup.
|Minimum Requirements||Recommended Specifications|
|Processor||Single-core 2.4 GHz||Multi-core processor|
|Operating Memory||2 GB||More than 2 GB|
|USB Ports||2x USB 2.0/3.0||2x USB 2.0/3.0|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows®
Vista/7/8/8.1/10 32 bit or 64 bit versions
7/8/8.1/10 64 bit
|Monitor Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels|