Image-Pro Introductory Video
Image-Pro Image Analysis Software
from Media Cybernetics
Image-Pro is the number ONE image analysis software referenced in leading research publications and journals!
Capture, Process, Measure, Analyze and Share your valuable images and data.
Optional add on modules including 3D and Capture expand its functionality.
Image-Pro is an interactive software platform that delivers intuitive image analysis tools to scientists and researchers.
For over 35 years researchers and scientists have trusted Image-Pro for their measurement needs.
What can Image-Pro do for you?
- One-click Color Composite, Build composite color images by simply right-clicking on each grayscale image to select a color tint.
- Extract and Merge Channels, Easily combine and separate images into RGB, HSI, and HSL color channels.
- Color composite, Pseudocolor, Image math, Frame averaging
- Image Correction, Correct your image background to better distinguish image objects, improving the downstream measurement operations and reducing false positives.
- Image Filters, Remove background noise and reveal hidden details with an extensive set of image processing filters. Preview filters on your active image for instant results.
- HDR Post process, Capture a sequence of images at different exposures, with variable options, and combine them into a single High Dynamic Range image. The resulting image is a compilation of image data using the widest possible range of dark to light pixels. No more black or saturated pixels.
- Post-acquisition tiling, Fast Fourier Transform
- EDF and image alignment. Correct for microscope shift with post-acquisition auto-alignment tools. Extended Depth of Focus (EDF) creates a focused image from a series of images captured at different z planes.
- Auto trace and magic wand
- ROI inverse (donut ROI)
- Batch-process folders of images
- Grid tool
Automatic and Manual
SEGMENT – Identify what you want to measure
Histogram Segmentation (Grey Scale or Color Thresholding)
Select a single intensity range
Select multiple intensity ranges (classes)
Select with the picker
Smart Segmentation (Multi-Variable Thresholding)
Select objects and background
Define the recipe parameters
Train over multiple images
Automatically compensate for uneven backgrounds
Select & Classify Objects by Color
COUNT/SIZE – Create object outlines, instantly counted and sized
Filter by Measurement
Choose from a wide number of measurements to filter the entire segmentation group
from and apply specific range restrictions (graphically or numerically) that selectively
leave your objects of interest for further classification and measurement.
Create object outlines.
Once objects are identified and outlined you can count and measure areas, percent
area, regions, intensity values, and more.
All discrete, separate objects can be automatically counted within the set range of
Size and Shape
Automatically measure object area, percent area, perimeter, length & width,
radii and feret ratio, etc.
Intensity and Density
Automatically measure object intensity, integrated optical density, density, and
intensity over time.
Object Splitting & Merging
It becomes necessary to split touching objects in many images so we’ve provided both
automatic watershed and boundary shape-based splitting techniques as well as a
manual point-to-point and polyline-based splitting methods to get the job done.
Object naming and coloring
This makes it easier to keep track of what’s what by allowing each object to receive a
unique name and color through the editing of the data table. Change a single object or
select a large number of objects and change them as a group.
Eliminate objects touching image border
In cases where you only want complete and intact volumes that are not cut off by the
image stack’s borders you can enable a clean borders setting to ignore these
The appearance of each object is very important to accurate visualization so parameters
for each object are able to be edited including color, transparency, secularity.
Advanced line profile analysis
Measure live images
Track moving objects
Track merging & fading objects
Measure intensity over time
Collect data from multiple images
Manually tag object
- Generate data for making helpful comparisons
- Measure Distances between Objects
- Measure one-to-one and one-to-many distances between objects
- Measure Objects within Objects
- Analyze parent/child relationships with tools that allow you to automatically measure and group objects within objects.
- Sort Counted Objects. Create a new image displaying all counted objects arranged by size
- Analyze the Spatial Distribution of Objects
- Calibrate for accuracy. Calibration data is ideally read from the image, however is cases where it does not exist, we offer a variety of options to easily create and apply a calibration to an image
- Measure Layer Thickness. Determine the top and bottom edges and allow the software to measure thickness and statistics about longest and shortest lengths
- Measure Line Profile. Draw a variety of lines and shapes for displaying the intensity under the lines as Line Profiles. Apply any number of line profiles and export the graph and data out to Excel or to a custom report.
- Measurement tools, direct and relative, extract accurate data from your calibrated images with a wide range of manual and semi-automated measurement tools.
- Manual and Auto Tracing. Draw polylines and regions to trace complex objects for you to measure area, perimeter, and length
- Magic Wand Counting. One-click automatic segmentation of the local area based on the pixels clicked. Refine selection with ‘Add’ and ‘Remove’.
- Magnetic Snap Measurements. Draw accurate line measurements every time with the Snap Measurement tools. Simply draw and the measurement will accurately snap along object edges.
- Classify Measurements. Use different colors, shapes, and custom names to classify and organize your measurement data. Use to organize measurements for greater clarity.
Extract quantitative data with ease
Create snapshot of zoomed image
Create snapshot with overlays
Rename and adjust
Rename objects by clicking and typing in the table. Also arrange all objects by color coded
class to see relationships.
Sort and Condense
Sort by measurements and adjust tables to only show the relevant data.
Group and view statistics
Combine classes of similar objects into a custom hierarchy and see statistics per
measurement for each grouped class.
Data Collector – Gather data from multiple experiments
Collect data automatically
With the press of a button all the data from your table is compiled into Data Collector. You
can even set it up to collect from all images automatically as they are measured.
Keep data linked to images
For a multi-image experiment, collect large clusters of data from each image separately and
retain the original links to understand how image groups compare and contrast.
Graph the results
Use a variety of graph types for your data such as 2D and 3D scatterplots, histograms,
block charts and lines graphs.
Export your data and statistics to Microsoft Excel, File, or the Clipboard for pasting
anywhere on your PC.
Send data to reports
Send your data and screenshots to custom designed reports within Image-Pro for fast and
easy creation of experiment results.
Surface plot view & movie creator
Lock & zoom multiple images
3D viewer & movie creator
- Record Your Work. Automate your imaging tasks with simple macro recording tools. Play back macros or combine multiple macros to ensure accurate results every time.
- Document Your Steps Using the Audit Trail. Save and document your image processes with the Audit Trail. Document entire sessions as well as steps performed on specific images. Export your audit trail as an XML file or to Microsoft Excel.
- Graphical or Code-Based Macro & App Editing. Macros and apps are easy to edit with Image-Pro’s graphical drag and- drop editing interface. You can also use the code-based editing tools to test, edit, and debug your scripts.
- Create, Download & Share Custom Apps. Image-Pro’s custom apps allow you to easily design step-by-step workflows that walk you through your image analysis processes.
- Download apps from Media Cybernetics’ Solutions
Capture Module (optional)
The Capture Module is an Image-Pro image capture and video recording component, designed for streaming live previews, acquiring movies, and capturing still images from digital cameras. Capturing images with the right depth of field, magnification, exposure and with the right amount of contrast can be difficult, but this module delivers all of tools you will need to accomplish this task.
Check website for supported cameras . . .
This robust companion module contains a variety of specialty capture options such as:
High Dynamic Range (HDR) capture
Live Extended Depth of Field (EDF)
Single-frame & movie acquisition
Streaming to disk
Crosshair grid overlay
Live Image Comparison
Live Calibrated Crossover Grids
Multiple Image formats supported
3D Module (optional)
- Superior Visualization. Add the Image-Pro 3D Module to your platform and unleash a new level of Image Analysis for your research. Advanced 3D Visualization and Analysis options based on the same philosophy as the Image-Pro platform. Perform complex analysis methods without learning a new platform.
- Measure Complex 3D Objects. Guided Segmentation is designed to enable the identification and measurement of any 3D Object using a simplified process that excels over current 3D segmentation techniques.
- Easily quantitate physical measurements of your isolated objects and standardize them for your analysis protocol to target discrete objects of interest.
- Filter by measurement, classify by measurement, sort by measurements and adjust tables to only show the relevant data.
- Produce and share. Generate movies by key frame annotations, add clipping, fly-throughs and rotations.
- Blend, and Sum Projections. Overall Volume Transparency. Wireframe & Isosurface Renderings. Slice Density and Edge Coloring. Pseudo-Surface and Stereo Views.
- Add notations to enhance your project. Export them easily and share with colleagues.
Image-Pro 3D Videos (formerly Image-Pro Premier 3D)
Nerve Cells 3D Movie
Material Science 3D Movie
Fluorescence Chromsome 3D Movie
Creating Clipping Planes
Image-Pro Premier 3D Launch
Whether you are new to imaging or are a more experienced imaging professional, IMAGE-PRO TRAINING IS A MUST to help you make optimum use of your time and talents. Our tailored image analysis training provides exactly what you need to do your work fast and efficiently. TRAINING IS ESSENTIAL to harness the power of Image-Pro. You would never buy a piano without lessons. Purchasing Image-Pro without lessons is foolish and will cause frustration. Consider purchasing our Apps as well! It will make Image-Pro seem like a player piano!
Get Started with Free Video Tutorials
As an Image-Pro user, you’ll have access to a growing library of free 3 to 5 minute video tutorials. Learn time saving tips and familiarize yourself with the wide range of analysis tools available to you – Dual monitor configuration recommended for best results. As of today there are now 42 Image-Pro, Image-Pro Plus, Image-Pro Premier and Image-Pro 3D videos available on YouTube! See more at the bottom of the page.
Share Tools on the User-Contributed Solutions Zone Website
Explore mediacy/support.com to find a wealth of useful information about Image-Pro. The Support Site is an easily searchable online database of macros, device drivers, plug-in modules, application programs, and development consultants that support Image-Pro and other Media Cybernetics software programs.
Custom Apps and Macro Programming
We highly recommend using Alces Imaging and Automation, LLC for Tailored Training, Custom Apps and Macro Programming. Owner Matthew Batchelor, has been customizing Image-Pro products for over 25 years! Reach him at 281-646-7477 or firstname.lastname@example.org www.alces.us. He can make Image-Pro do so much more. His experience in macro programming can’t be matched!
For additional information on any Media Cybernetics products visit their site at www.mediacy.com or call them at 800-263-2088.
Recommended Computer for Image-Pro
“Everything depends on the memory and speed of your CPU.”
Windows 10 (64-bit), Multiple high-speed SATA hard disks or SSDs; 8 GB free on installation drive + free space for images (20 GB+), 2.8 GHz CPU Intel quad-core processor or better,
16 GB memory or higher, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Cards with 4GB graphics memory & Open GL 4.2 or higher, USB Port Required for hard licenses and offline license activation,
Dual Monitors with 1920 x 1080 display are HIGHLY advised.
Recommended Computer for 3D Module (High Performance)
Windows 10 (64 bit), Multiple high-speed SATA hard disks or SSDs configured in RAID 5; 16 GB free on installation drive + free space for images (1 TB+), 3.0 GHz Intel quad-core processor or better
48 GB memory or higher, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Cards with 4GB graphics memory & Open GL 4.2 or higher, USB Port Required for hard licenses and offline license activation,
Dual Monitors with 1920 x 1080 display are HIGHLY advised.
Internet connection required for online services, a MUST for proper support!